-
Posts
30,767 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Dumont News
Dumont Conditions
Dune Food
Forums
Events
Gallery
Everything posted by dunefreak
-
Thanks, Ed. We just came up with that idea at the last minute. Although we didn't have too many empty beer cans to lay around the drunken pumkin guy. So I had to slam a few beers and just threw them on the ground.
-
Hey I know.... DDR flags!
-
I thought since the other thread about the sandrail/quad accident got closed, I should start a new one where we could post the updates on Charlies condition. He is out of ICU. Here is the latest updates from Richie. If you would like to help donate, here is the link.... http://www.dumontduneriders.com/charlie_donations.html (For those that haven't heard what happened regarding the accident, there is a link on that page for the thread where it was discussed) BTW: this thread is only about Charlie's condition, positive thoughts and wishes, and for continued effort to raise donations for the guy. If you wanna argue about sandrails vs quads- don't bother. Your posts will diappear!
-
The Sperry Wash isn't closed to OHV travel that I heard of. You just have to stay on marked and designated paths. There are just a few areas closed along the route.
-
Call me or just swing on by. :dance: We'll be at Tommy and Dee's till ?
-
the positive things from your Halloween trip
dunefreak replied to dunefreak's topic in 2007/2008 Season
That ended up funnier than I even imagined it could be that day! :dance: -
nice! :dance: I'm not dressing up and neither is Anna, but we did up some pretty cool pumpkins. My sad attempt at a sandrail and dunes Next- we're off to our neighbors/friends' garage to hang out, drink some beers, and hand out candy to the kids and jello shots to the parents.
-
the positive things from your Halloween trip
dunefreak replied to dunefreak's topic in 2007/2008 Season
-
The BLM has e-mailed me this information and wants to let everyone know about it. The Valero station in Baker has set up a special deal for duners. For $5 they can (a) get drinking water, (B) dump their sewage, and © dump their bags of trash into the dumpster. And $5 for all three is pretty good! They can also buy their passes there as well. Oh and they sell the green stickers too.
-
I was JUST gonna say: I'm over it and done with this topic!
-
ok, then we do what I said then.... I personally don't see it getting progressively worse. That is just my opinion. Everyone else has theirs. I will do whatever I have to do to prevent a man-made dune from blocking comp and boycotting comp though. That's just rediculous. You guys act like people are getting stabbed and chit over there. I'll keep saying it....it really isn't THAT bad.
-
Sandrail wheelies into a Banshee on comp
dunefreak replied to dunefreak's topic in Dumont Happenings
topic closed click here for updates on Charlie's condition -
Sandrail wheelies into a Banshee on comp
dunefreak replied to dunefreak's topic in Dumont Happenings
Yes it is correct. That is Richie's (50caliberracing's) business. He is a good friend of Charlie's and he is handling the donations and will make sure they get to him. -
Sandrail wheelies into a Banshee on comp
dunefreak replied to dunefreak's topic in Dumont Happenings
Thank you very much and welcome to DDR! -
Nooooooo, take the small car. We don't like that many people, remember?
-
Start a list, don't start a list, I don't give a damn. Do you want my permission to fart too? This corporate prez talk is getting to be like lately. I'll be there defending comp hill from getting shut down and against remodeling the dunes with tractors to keep people from going over there to have a good time.
-
:dance: Hey MAYbe. Maybe he installed some seats on the trans crossmember.
-
:shout: IT'S NOT THAT BAD THOUGH! Think of it this way. There are less people racing now and more people just hanging out being stupid. That sucks because I go to the hill mostly to watch, race, and to hang out, BUT maybe it's for the better that not as many people are ON the hill at night. Maybe they are actually being MORE responsible by hanging out yelling at people with a megaphone to pop a wheelie rather than driving drunk up teh hill and running people over. Maybe they are being more repsonsible by laying in the back of their truck and some eating acid while staring at the stars in the sky. :dance: ok ok j/k about that one I say we all set an example for most and everyone CONTINUE to go to comp at night and have fun in a RESPONSIBLE way. It really IS possible.
-
1) I just think that there are different kinds of people. There are the ones who see a few bad things go on at comp and stay the hell away and then think that comp hill is the devil. Then there are people like me that see a few of the idiots you see over there, but ignore them and have fun with the rest of everyone else (my friends) at the hill. Comp has always been fun at night regardless of a few of the jackasses that try and degrade it. They don't ruin it for me. 2) If I had kids I would leave them at camp at night if I wanted to go party at the hill. Comp is adult time and camp is family time. I'd have to find a good balance for the two if I had kids- but that is never gonna happen becuase I'm not having any. Here's how I see it, everyone- if you don't like comp then don't go there just like ynot doesn't. I don't think comp is any worse than it used to be in the past few years. It's ever since there have been forums on the internet that people seem to blow the problems up to a much larger scale for some reason.
-
Thank you thank you thank you guys! That is exactly why there isn't a rant section. Why just give up and add a section for that kind of stuff right? I thought about adding a rant section a while back only because it would probably bring up some funny reading material, BUT... in the end it only gives people more of a reason to b*tch, sets a negative tone on the forum and makes even more crap that we, the moderators, have to try and control.
-
1BADYFZ started this last time and it seemed to work. I thought we needed this since most everyone only wants to complain about the problems at Dumont lately. So here it goes for me.... -getting at least ONE really good dune ride in -getting to meet up with my "dune family" and hanging out with everyone again -being able to enjoy a small camp for a change -knowing that my woman had a GREAT weekend with me -having one of those "moments" while out on a ride in the midle of the dunes where you take a deep breathe and realize why you love duning so much -cruising through the aisles of comp and having so many fellow dune friends stop you and say whats up Those are just a few but the most important.
-
1) It is, but if you have noticed lately pretty much every topic on here is about someone bitching about Dumont. Do we really need ANOTHER topic like this? I feel your anger, but it isn't gonna help the situation. I hate all the things you listed above too, but they are slowly getting dealt with by the BLM and people that care enough to get involved. 2) If you go on teh big weekend, you HAVE to expect some of these things to happen. You are never gonna get rid of dumbass people or have complete control with that many people in one spot. 3) I never said to just shut up and deal with it. I think I have already made my point with this. These things are slowly being handled one thing at a time. And "Sorry you posted without being your my first..." ???? What does that mean? Did you think I lashed out at you because we don't know each other or something? I would have posted the same thing whether we were friends or not.
-
What is this? Rant week? First of all I have never seen any "clicks" gang up on people when they disagree with someone who is a "buddy" of theirs. Personal attacks are not tolerated on here. :dance: So if you ever see that, please let a moderator know. Second, it seems everyone just wants to b*tch about the things they don't like about Dumont. This happens every year after Halloween on the forums. Everyone can't wait to get back out to the dunes, then they go on a holiday weekend and then when get home they b*tch about the same damn things that go on every friggen holiday weekend out there. I understand why the things bother you. They suck. But why not just skip the holiday weekends if it makes you that mad? You can't change people. It sucks. Third, there are already TWO threads like this. 1) http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...?showtopic=6307 2) http://www.dumontduneriders.com/invision/i...?showtopic=6318 Fourth: yeah, pick up a big rock and throw it at them. THAT is gonna make things better. Sorry, but with statements like that, I tend think you are the things you said people would think you are....not to mention immature as hell. Lighten up and try to think of something POSITIVE to post about your trip. I am not trying to come down on you hard just cause you don't post often either. I am just tired of seeing nothing but negative rant posts from people lately. If you hate the dunes so much, take up underwater basket weaving or something.
-
Sweet! Anna and I are gonna come out and mooch off you! No seriously. I'll bring a cooler and some stuff to grill if we can chill after the race in the MGM with you guys.
-
:dance: I think you blew that a little out of proportion, Terry, but that is just my opinion. Comp isn't THAT bad. From what I have seen, MOST of the people that go there at night aren't that stupid. You will get a small handfull of idiots that give everyone else a bad name anywhere ya go. (ie: liter bugs, people that bring stripper poles, megaphones, drugs, etc over there)
