looking back at 2008

dunefreak

Looking back it was a pretty fun year. Despite the crappy economy, we were still able to pull off quite a few fun trips all over the place and do some pretty fun chit this year. :clap: Hopefully 2009 treats us half as good. Let's hope right? :laughoff:

dune trips: Glamis for the 1st time, then another trip in Oct, 1st time to Little Sahara AND with the new rail, Coral Pink, and of course many trips out to D.

lake trips: a handful of Lake Mead trips plus an awesome trip to Havasizzle

other trips: Coachella music festival in April :dunno: , Randizzle's 40th birthday in Rancho :laughoff: as well as a trip to Big Bear on that same trip w/ OGP and fam :D

lots of good concerts including 311, Toadies, One Pin Short, Foo Fighters, Taproot, Slightly Stoopid yiah yiah

first time in Glamis w/ my favorite person...what an awesome time it was!

post-3-1229374077_thumb.jpg

Post up any memorable trips, pics, or anything else worth talking about from your 2008. :assblast:

You're sweet babe!!

To top off all the bad-a$$ things we've done, I started a new job where I make more $, have more fun, get more accomplished, and get lots of respect. This really was a good year!

Don't forget get all the improvements to our backyard Pete :assblast:

To our family, the Dune season is just starting with 3 and a half months to go.

It seems better this year.

Gas prices have finally came back down, we're at least 1/3 through the recession, and the industry doesn't seem to have been hit that hard,, yet.

Moving Vendors Row has murdered us and our long time Duning friends,, and yeah more people at Dumont now.

But it's all going to be ok, and has not really been all that bad either.

Edited by yfzdad

Looking back at 2008:

I got the Rzr all finished at it's beyond what we expected. A hell of a machine. Worth every dime.

We got a good deal, and so far the headache aftermarket issues are resolved and behind us.

The Corvette Z06 is beyond my wildest expectations for performance and fun to drive.

Had no idea everywhere we would go people want to stop and talk about it.

The last time I looked at NEW Corvettes was the last year the 427 was available and regretted not buying one.

Well, this new 427 makes up for it.

We spent over $14.000 in Vet bills on the wifes cat.

Yep, that's thousands, and I don't regret it.

The Vet was ready to get our OK to off him he was so sick, but I asked her if their is a way to get 5 more years out of him,, and the journey to save him began.

Meiko is a legend in this neighborhood, a member of the family, and a hell of a cat.

Our son survived a massive brutal spell with Lymphatic Cancer.

I can't tell you how agonizing that was. We finished a 2 year 7 month battle with it.

I hope none of you ever have to go through this.

If you do, you can count on us to help in any way we can.

Starting to customize a new Fuel Injected Teryx for and with my son that survived cancer.

Letting him pick out the options and do the work while he continues his recovery.

2008 has been a good year for us.

Perservance is the word for 2008.

Edited by yfzdad