Locals in Las Vegas:

Free Agent

Not all LV locals are into the club scene and the typical LV night life you see on TV. To tell you the truth I try and stay away from the strip as much as possible unless there is a show/ concert going on at one of the hotels like Hard Rock, The Palms or Mandalay Bay.

Not all LV locals are into the club scene and the typical LV night life you see on TV. To tell you the truth I try and stay away from the strip as much as possible unless there is a show/ concert going on at one of the hotels like Hard Rock, The Palms or Mandalay Bay.

What he said...^^^^^^^

:finger:

Did you guys see me ?? at the Double Down , the Drunk effer that kicked the table !!!! hahahaha

and knocked the bottle over ! WHAT A AZZZOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

I don't go to or near the strip :finger:

I thought they would have you in the video bro!!!! Comb the mullet with the goody pocket comb, put on shirt with freshly ripped off sleeves then oil up the ink on your arms!!!! BROTHER!!!!! :dope:

At one time Gameworks was a cool place.

The games were teriffic, and the upstairs bar excellent.

Then one visit, the kids all said the games suck, and we've never gone back.

We were however, watching the bartender stuff her tip jar with half the cash transactions over a three hour period.

Easily stuffed $600 in the jar + her legit tips.

Lousy games, and the bartender ripping the place off out in the open was a tell it's going downhill.

Other than that, no reason left to visit there except when we got married at the Strat. And that is the only reason to visit the Strat.

Wow does that place ever suck.

Do you mean Vegas in general or the Strat?

The Strat.

We were having a drink at one of the Strats bars and a couple told the bartender the place sucked.

The bartender said their is no shortage of customers to take their place, and as long as it stays that way the owners won't improve anything.

What got us was the peeling paint and moldy walls and ceiling in our room.

We're spoiled by the Hard Rock and Palms I guess.

Our favorites.

The top of the Strat bar is excellent though. But a PITA to get to.

We own a home in Summerlin and will probably move into it when the last kid finishes High School.

I've always loved LV.

Stayed in LA because of the much higher pay and bennies.

That was pretty kewl - Especially when they go to the happiest place on earth....

Amazing how many people have never heard of the Dbbl Down.

Lively video poker, and a really friendly musicians hangout kinda vibe.

Wife hit a big jackpot recently at the dbbl down,, but doesn't remember.

We're good tippers and it's appreciated there (and PT's).

Tip pooling places couldn't care less how much you leave it seems.

At least compaired back to when dealers & bartenders kept their own tips.

As a kid, I lived in LV with my dad who worked at the Nevada test site.

We moved to LA when he got a promotion.

My first adult gambling trip to LV was with friends after we had all bought early Z28 unmarked/unbadged Camaros.

The Z28 trim came in later production. Early Z28's are unmarked.

Performance and suspension options were avail before the first Z28 hit the showroom floors.

800 CFM Holly and a improved cam, posi, 411 screws and an aluminum flywheel.

Paid about $3400 OTD new.

They were screamers. Great desert runners.

Probably why I find the SB 427 LS7 so appealing in our Vette I guess.

Anyway, we all drove our Camaros to LV and stayed at the Union Plaza.

We walked over to the 'Shoe and met Benny Binion downstairs in the Coffee shop where he held court at a booth.

My friend Steve asked Binon if he knew Jack Ruby and he said: "Yes, they were friendly competitors back in Texas."

Miss the old school cheap-o 'Vegas, but if the town didn't advance into the town it is today it would'a suffered.

Still love the Green felt jungle.

17633zo6_timing_slip-med.jpg

Edited by yfzdad

The Strat.

We were having a drink at one of the Strats bars and a couple told the bartender the place sucked.

The bartender said their is no shortage of customers to take their place, and as long as it stays that way the owners won't improve anything.

What got us was the peeling paint and moldy walls and ceiling in our room.

We're spoiled by the Hard Rock and Palms I guess.

Our favorites.

The top of the Strat bar is excellent though. But a PITA to get to.

We own a home in Summerlin and will probably move into it when the last kid finishes High School.

I've always loved LV.

Stayed in LA because of the much higher pay and bennies.

Yeah we weren't too impressed with the Strat either when we stayed there for New Years, but it was a room on the strip for a decent price so we couldn't b*tch. (it was a place to sleep and we didn't have to chance a DUI) Besides, we had the tickets for the party at the top which was kickazz.

Amazing how many people have never heard of the Dbbl Down.

Lively video poker, and a really friendly musicians hangout kinda vibe.

Wife hit a big jackpot recently at the dbbl down,, but doesn't remember.

We're good tippers and it's appreciated there (and PT's).

Tip pooling places couldn't care less how much you leave it seems.

At least compaired back to when dealers & bartenders kept their own tips.

I've been in the double down a couple times now. Hated it every time. People try to get in a fight with you "just cause". Makes no sense to me. I know that place is known for that, but wtf. Reminded me of that Hogs & Heffers chithole.

Yeah we weren't too impressed with the Strat either when we stayed there for New Years, but it was a room on the strip for a decent price so we couldn't b*tch. (it was a place to sleep and we didn't have to chance a DUI) Besides, we had the tickets for the party at the top which was kickazz.

I've been in the double down a couple times now. Hated it every time. People try to get in a fight with you "just cause". Makes no sense to me. I know that place is known for that, but wtf. Reminded me of that Hogs & Heffers chithole.

We want to do that NY party.

Looked excellent.

Even though neither you nor I can leave the DBL D w/o getting into a brawl... we're going back to try the bacon martini. We should go at 5 in the afternoon to see if we can avoid the fisticuffs :thumb:

Hogs & Heffers :lol: I guess we should have know by the name of the place what sort of sh*t-hole we were going into :lol: Live and learn!