Mendi 4S

andydew

Does anybody have any recommendations as to the intervals of oil change, and or any suggestions on what oil/ weight to run. I try to be faithful to servicing my stuff, and I want to start off the season right, but I haven't read much on what I should do with this trans. :think:

I figure that some DDR veterans can help a brotha out.

Borrowed from Glamisdunes.com

This is a quote from Mendeola as I asked them the same question for my S5..."To change oil remove the 17mm allen head plug at bottom of bellhousing casting.

When draining it is best to lift the car in front on a rear engine car to get as much of the oil drained as possible,then re install the plug.(block tires)

On the passenger side in a rear engine car is a 1 1/8" head silver bolt next to CV joint this is where you will reinstall the oil.

Use 5 quarts of a 80-140 weight or 75-140 weight oil any brand you would like. (6 quarts if a pump system is on the car)

find a piece of tube to make pouring the oil easy, run it in to the hole an to the funnel or oil bottle.(outside of the car)"

Depending on how many trips and how hard you drive every season I would guess

Capt

Swepco 212, 4 qts, Change it at least once a season.

post-3-075016100 1287629625_thumb.jpg

5 QTs is too much for a MD4S-2D. Mendeola recommends 4qts.

Alright, thanks.

Is this a synthetic?

Also, only to prove my ignorance:

MD4S-2D? - I heard the 2D wasn't the one a guy wanted (thin reverse gear or something), but mine says MD4S. Is there a 2D and a 4S, or am I completely clueless? :blondie::laughing:

Also get the pump for it and make sure it's warm when you pump it out. It's a b*tch when it's even slightly cold.

I've dealt with this weight of oil in Jan. on the rigs. 5 gal. at a time for the rear ends... :dope: It can really go reaallllyy slow.

Thanks for the help

Alright, thanks.

Is this a synthetic?

Also, only to prove my ignorance:

MD4S-2D? - I heard the 2D wasn't the one a guy wanted (thin reverse gear or something), but mine says MD4S. Is there a 2D and a 4S, or am I completely clueless? :blondie::laughing:

I've dealt with this weight of oil in Jan. on the rigs. 5 gal. at a time for the rear ends... :dope: It can really go reaallllyy slow.

Thanks for the help

You have a 2d for sure...s4 says ...Mendeola S4

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the help fellas.

I serviced the whole car thouroughly before my season opener, including the trans, and all is good. I did however see quite a bit of metal sludge on the drain fitting magnet. Concerned, but no issues or sounds out in the dunes. Thought maybe I'd change the oil again just to get a good baseline of what to expect to see in there each season.