Sandrail Purchase

las vegas duner

long travel/northstar 2d

2006 long travel sand car by S&S sandsports of kansas. northstar engine,mendeola 2d tranny by weddle,26"front travel,22"rear,king coilover piggybacks and king bypass on every corner,midboard hubs,front disk brakes,ron davis radiator,tatum HD rack with 2:1 steering quickner,cnc hanging pedals,super shifter,and alot more.......car only has 5 trips on it!!!!

Want to know what everyone thinks of the car and what it is worth?

post-208-1161277160.jpg

post-208-1161277181.jpg

radiator placement bothers me... other than that your not winning any races up the hill like dunefreak said.. :D

From all the cars at the sand show that appears to be the new spot to mount them. I wouldn't worry about that as there is plenty of air flow in that spot. However i would not buy a car with a V-8 and a 2D Mendi. I have heard to many stories. I like the northstar engines. Rev nice plenty of torque and power. Easy to upgrade with turbos etc.

I have a family friend that put one of the first Northstar motors and a 2D trans into a longtravel rail(CHRF and Dave Folts help build) The trans has a few upgrades but uses the stock gears, the motor is mostly stock except for the cams and fuel injectors and a oil injections system for when he does wheelies. To the ground on a dyno 340 H.P. has been runnig it hard the past 6 seasons no problems yet. The only thing changed out was before the season started last year he changed the valve springs. This car runs with turbo cars and beats most 520 H.P. cars non of us in the group understand how but it does. Take it for what its worth our friends car maybe wieghts 1900# the car your looking at is probably 2500#. I'm also concerned with the radiator location because of the possability of a leak or hose pop off (and it was a small concern until the DDR open weekend when one of the cars in the group was having cooling problems and did pop a hose all over his back just think if there was kids in a back seat :thumb: ) If you can get the car for a good price 45-55000 its worth spending a few extra bucks to put the steel braided hoses on like Dons car plus it looks good stay on top of the maintance and that car will run for alot of seasons to come