Cracker Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 those girls are not even cute Word. But I have no opinion.
GirlWithHorns Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 wow some men are disgusting and some girls are whores.
SailAway Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 (edited) I read through this thread and can't find it but maybe I missed it... What is the purpose of having the stripper pole out there and not in your own camp... more room? 1) Is it for profit? 2) To provide entertainment? 3) To promote your business? As for the permit, it is essential if you want to run your "show" on public land. One of the reasons is, your "attraction" is going to require more police activity to keep you and your pole dancers, and the crowd around all of you, safe. Users who would not be present at the "show" should not have to pay for what they won't use... so you, as the business owner/entertainer, will naturally have to foot the bill for the extra law enforcement presence, trash cleanup, etc. That is, if you are granted a permit. President's Day is out of the question already due to the timing, by the way... the process takes about 180 days to complete. The BLM is not there to enforce morality laws, but they are there to protect our resources and serve the duning public. Dumont Dunes is a recreation area, used by people of all ages. The demographics of Dumont vary tremendously from those at Glamis and the BLM knows that, and they know there is a huge public push to keep it that way. As such, it's quite likely they will continue to do exactly what they did last time... send your party back to the privacy of your camp. Vicki Edited February 1, 2007 by SailAway
Sincity_blondie Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 I read through this thread and can't find it but maybe I missed it... What is the purpose of having the stripper pole out there and not in your own camp... more room? 1) Is it for profit? 2) To provide entertainment? 3) To promote your business? As for the permit, it is essential if you want to run your "show" on public land. One of the reasons is, your "attraction" is going to require more police activity to keep you and your pole dancers, and the crowd around all of you, safe. Users who would not be present at the "show" should not have to pay for what they won't use... so you, as the business owner/entertainer, will naturally have to foot the bill for the extra law enforcement presence, trash cleanup, etc. That is, if you are granted a permit. President's Day is out of the question already due to the timing, by the way... the process takes about 180 days to complete. The BLM is not there to enforce morality laws, but they are there to protect our resources and serve the duning public. Dumont Dunes is a recreation area, used by people of all ages. The demographics of Dumont vary tremendously from those at Glamis and the BLM knows that, and they know there is a huge public push to keep it that way. As such, it's quite likely they will continue to do exactly what they did last time... send your party back to the privacy of your camp. Vicki I agree with Vicki. Alot of people bring their kids to dumont, and dont want them subjected to crap like that. They go out there to enjoy the dunes and atmosphere, not the wanna be pole dancers. Just my 02 cents.
SandBox_Kid Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 wow some men are disgusting and some girls are whores. I'm a little surprised that you are surprised.......didn't you grow up here in Vegas?
desertskyz Posted February 1, 2007 Posted February 1, 2007 I read through this thread and can't find it but maybe I missed it... What is the purpose of having the stripper pole out there and not in your own camp... more room? 1) Is it for profit? 2) To provide entertainment? 3) To promote your business? As for the permit, it is essential if you want to run your "show" on public land. One of the reasons is, your "attraction" is going to require more police activity to keep you and your pole dancers, and the crowd around all of you, safe. Users who would not be present at the "show" should not have to pay for what they won't use... so you, as the business owner/entertainer, will naturally have to foot the bill for the extra law enforcement presence, trash cleanup, etc. That is, if you are granted a permit. President's Day is out of the question already due to the timing, by the way... the process takes about 180 days to complete. The BLM is not there to enforce morality laws, but they are there to protect our resources and serve the duning public. Dumont Dunes is a recreation area, used by people of all ages. The demographics of Dumont vary tremendously from those at Glamis and the BLM knows that, and they know there is a huge public push to keep it that way. As such, it's quite likely they will continue to do exactly what they did last time... send your party back to the privacy of your camp. Vicki I agree also. I don't pay $60 a year to have that kind of thing thrown in my face. Take it back to camp. There are just too many youngin' around.
wingnut Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 HMMMM...I wonder if there will be a stripper pole out there for my bachelor party??????
1bad4fiddy Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 HMMMM...I wonder if there will be a stripper pole out there for my bachelor party?????? T HERES TWO POLES WAITING FOR YOU , THE NORTH AND SOUTH , JUST NEED A GENERATOR SOME LIGHTS AND HO'S
ynot Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 When I first read this post I just shook my head and said WHY? Now after reading the remainder of the posts I shake my head and say WHY? WHY would you bring this to a family type area where age control is impossible. Second, why would you bring something that you are going to get hassled for right under the Law Enforcement Officers noses and than b*tch that "they shut you down" Last thing I had heard about the t-day incident was it cost you $1300.00 in fines and you were lucky that they wern't pushing stiffer charges against you. Now you want to come back and do it again? What part of this equasion am I missing? Or maybe I am not the one missing it? I stopped going to comp hill on Thanksgiving 2005 just because of this incident. It showed me that all the things that I don't like happening at the dunes were there all in one place and by me going it was being a hypocrit. So do what you want but I personally hope they write you, book you and take your rig as evidence. I fight to keep Dumont open for my kids and grandkids and I don't want to see yahoo's like this ruin it for them. Now I am off my soapbox!
wingnut Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 Come on Terry, I was just kidding and adding to the rediculousness!
DIRTY DYKSTRA Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 ITS ALL FUN AND GAMES TELL SOME ONE SPERTS OUT AN EYE...
dinicolada Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 I am one that enjoys looking at pretty woman just like the next guy but I have to agree that this is not the place to do this kind of thing. Now if you are having a party at your house I would not mind an invite.
daknuckler Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 yeah that was the halloween of 05 they didn't horass us any more after we moved it back to camp that trip but every time we pull in to the dunes now they horass us at the pay station and they come hang out at camp and bullshit with us the first night we are there. What exactly is a "horass"??? is it one of these JK
Mr.BrownSand Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 I agree also. I don't pay $60 a year to have that kind of thing thrown in my face. Take it back to camp. There are just too many youngin' around. I have to agree. do what you want in your camp, but keep the big bellied girls away from my boys.
raptoroy Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 When I first read this post I just shook my head and said WHY? Now after reading the remainder of the posts I shake my head and say WHY? WHY would you bring this to a family type area where age control is impossible. Second, why would you bring something that you are going to get hassled for right under the Law Enforcement Officers noses and than b*tch that "they shut you down" Last thing I had heard about the t-day incident was it cost you $1300.00 in fines and you were lucky that they wern't pushing stiffer charges against you. Now you want to come back and do it again? What part of this equasion am I missing? Or maybe I am not the one missing it? I stopped going to comp hill on Thanksgiving 2005 just because of this incident. It showed me that all the things that I don't like happening at the dunes were there all in one place and by me going it was being a hypocrit. So do what you want but I personally hope they write you, book you and take your rig as evidence. I fight to keep Dumont open for my kids and grandkids and I don't want to see yahoo's like this ruin it for them. Now I am off my soapbox! well said terry
PUNKIN Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 When I first read this post I just shook my head and said WHY? Now after reading the remainder of the posts I shake my head and say WHY? WHY would you bring this to a family type area where age control is impossible. Second, why would you bring something that you are going to get hassled for right under the Law Enforcement Officers noses and than b*tch that "they shut you down" Last thing I had heard about the t-day incident was it cost you $1300.00 in fines and you were lucky that they wern't pushing stiffer charges against you. Now you want to come back and do it again? What part of this equasion am I missing? Or maybe I am not the one missing it? I stopped going to comp hill on Thanksgiving 2005 just because of this incident. It showed me that all the things that I don't like happening at the dunes were there all in one place and by me going it was being a hypocrit. So do what you want but I personally hope they write you, book you and take your rig as evidence. I fight to keep Dumont open for my kids and grandkids and I don't want to see yahoo's like this ruin it for them. Now I am off my soapbox! Exactly
DUNE SMURF Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 When I first read this post I just shook my head and said WHY? Now after reading the remainder of the posts I shake my head and say WHY? WHY would you bring this to a family type area where age control is impossible. Second, why would you bring something that you are going to get hassled for right under the Law Enforcement Officers noses and than b*tch that "they shut you down" Last thing I had heard about the t-day incident was it cost you $1300.00 in fines and you were lucky that they wern't pushing stiffer charges against you. Now you want to come back and do it again? What part of this equasion am I missing? Or maybe I am not the one missing it? I stopped going to comp hill on Thanksgiving 2005 just because of this incident. It showed me that all the things that I don't like happening at the dunes were there all in one place and by me going it was being a hypocrit. So do what you want but I personally hope they write you, book you and take your rig as evidence. I fight to keep Dumont open for my kids and grandkids and I don't want to see yahoo's like this ruin it for them. Now I am off my soapbox! thank you terry living in vegas you see enough!!!
desertskyz Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 Let it go....... You boyz live in FANTASY LAND! 13 to 17 not cool! Let the girls groe up. GAWD!
dunefreak Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 Let it go....... You boyz live in FANTASY LAND! 13 to 17 not cool! Let the girls groe up. GAWD! huh?????
Kens Colors Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 Geez Comp at night is like some scene from Mad Max or Close Encounters anyway. I might take my kid over there say before 9 but no later....to damn dangerous over there at night. A stripper Pole or someone dancing on it is not my biggest fear for my child at night at Comp. I have never seen the stripper pole thing out there, I am pretty sure I would have to check it out if it were there but then after words I could act all righteous and indignant and say how horrible it was to see adults partying and acting crazy at night in the middle of the sand dune. I say let the stipper pole stay but remove the steel marking off the finger dune poles!
desertskyz Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 sorry about the typo... Grow up... I'm just a little over protective.... I raised 3 daughters. Feel my pain
1bad4fiddy Posted February 2, 2007 Posted February 2, 2007 sorry about the typo... Grow up... I'm just a little over protective.... I raised 3 daughters. Feel my pain Those poor girls , i feel so sorry for them ..............im only jokin skyz
Recommended Posts