new cold air intake

put a aem brute force cold air intake on my titan and took it out for a spin man under wide open its mean :icon_twisted: that double over head cam sounds more sports car then truck. cant wait to have the exhaust done :ahhhhh: . they claim like 17 hp gain with the cai not sure about that but i did notice more pickup. getting it set up for a bigger trailer sometime next season. mini lift with new rear deaver springs is coming sometime down the road. :driver:

not sure about tearing into my truck but it went very easy still need to reset the ecu to learn the new flow. no programer there is a company that will reflash and give me up to 5 settings like a programer. just with ecu $700 and i would have to run super to see the gains. the exhaust will be next but everything needs to wait tell i start some positive cash flow. this broken ankle has set the funds way back.

post-978-1184874816.jpg

post-978-1184874879.jpg

there isnt a lack of power its all about how fast you want to burn fuel with the intake exhaust it will improve gas milage by 5 mpg. as long as i dont stomp on it all the time just to hear the roar. i tow my old little 16' enclosed it isnt very lite plus 2 quads. i pull potsi at 65-70. i will have a little larger trailer soon so i thought i would try to get the truck set up the best i could. think it will do fine

thats cool..

a friend of mine has a tahoe with 35"s on it 6 in of lift with airraid intake, magnaflow exhaust, and some kind of programmer

he programmed back to stock, and we took it back into the dunes 2 pismo....pretty decent.......then he put it back on the highest setting, like 30 hp gain.......freeking night and day diff...oh, and he regeared too....to the tune of about 1100 bucks :icon_twisted: but it put the power back in the sweet spot of the rpms, so, i guess to each their own.... :ahhhhh:

is your truck stock height?

yea i dont want big tires there are no gears for the titan yet so if you go bigger you lose a lot maybe one size larger. i dont 4x4 much mainly towing into riding areas and to be able to do recovery

that is exactly what it is for.

The reason why so many people that go to pismo alot have big tires is that getting onto the beach with the stock 245's on my truck, even aired down, would get stuck almost effortlessly :coocoo:

now with the 35's I can cruise around in the sand, with the trailer in tow, and not have to worry about it.

i didn't know that nissan hasn't put out gears for it yet.......sounds like what polaris does with it's atv's.....not support an aftermarket for their vehicles....

there have been a few people trying to get a company to make gears but it seems the set up and design are to much money for the few people that would do the swap. it is a redesigned dana 44 but it spins reverse of a normal dana 44. out of the 2 gear sets nissan put out 3.36 2.93? i have the 2.93? so bigger tires is going to hurt out of the hole alot.

there have been a few people trying to get a company to make gears but it seems the set up and design are to much money for the few people that would do the swap. it is a redesigned dana 44 but it spins reverse of a normal dana 44. out of the 2 gear sets nissan put out 3.36 2.93? i have the 2.93? so bigger tires is going to hurt out of the hole alot.

and I see a ton of lifted titans around so cal too

:beercheers: Haven't you guys seen a cold air intake setup before? :mic: :thumbsdown:

Hey I'm glad he posted pics....what's this cold air intake you guys are talking about????? :thumb::bawl: does it work like air conditioning?

Personally, i would rather get a retune from uprev or spend the 600 bucks and get their tuner software and do it msyelf. With their software it eliminates the WOT sensor deal. Nissan thought it would be cute with this drive by wire stuff to not go WOT under 40mph in the titans. Get rid of that and you have a real tire burnin hard launchin machine. :D Have already heard of a guy who lunched his ring and pinion cuz the truck actually delivers the power like it should..