Motor is out!

dunefreak

I have a head that is ready to go if its a valve.

If its a head gasket , its easy.....even if its a pistons, just get a set of stock pistons and the matching block and its an easy swap.

ps. I m lookimng for a busa case.....I need to start building my turbo moter. I have a 1397 nitrous busa.

I'll let you know whenever I find out. Thanks, 1320.

Put the other motor in for now and take the off season to redo the top end on this motor. Start fresh with a hot motor next season.

Easy for you to say. I just spent an a$$ load of $$. :puke: I still don't have my hands on that other eng either. Who knows when this guy w/ the other motor is gonna let me pick it up. I still have to shell out more cash to get it too. :laughoff:

Besides the season never really ends for me- in the spring and summers we go to Coral Pink and Dumont in the early mornings. We'll see what happens though. :chev_bowtie:

• 2 weeks later...

:laughoff: Car is finally back up and running. I ended up pulling the head and cylinders off the motor. I didn't find any leakage from the valves or any ring/ cylinder issues. I was pretty dissapointed to say the least. :rockon: So I dropped the head off at Heads Up to have the valves cleaned up and checked out. Scott found sand in #4! :shake: As originalpimp said, "Where the heck would I have gotten SAND from?" :laughing: I have no clue how it got in there. I always clean my air filter and I checked all the intake boots off the throttle body, so who knows....? It doesn't matter much now though, the car runs and runs good! I might have to jam out to Dumont in the AM and test it out and make sure there are no issues before next weekend. I'm happier than a pig in sh*t! :monkeedance2:

some pics from the painfull project...

post-3-1144530135_thumb.jpg

post-3-1144530184_thumb.jpg

post-3-1144530159_thumb.jpg

post-3-1144530038_thumb.jpg

post-3-1144530078_thumb.jpg

Just got back from Dumont and well................still runs like sh*t. :monkeedance2: :(:laughoff: It misfires inetermittantly under load over 5000 rpms. I have a feeling its a bad coil in one cylinder. Scott has a set of injectors and coils he said I can take out w/ me next weekend so I can trouble shoot it. It sucks because I can't get it to misfire unless I am duning the damn thing. I was pretty pissed to find that my car still had some issues, but I am convinced it's something really simple as it always is. I am gonna try and stay positive and really look at everything on the motor in detail this week. I'll figure it out one way or another. The way it is acting feels like a secondary ignition misfire. Hopefully it's something as simple as a coil. :laughing::rockon:

I'll keep you guys posted if I figure this damn thing out hopefully REAL soon! uggh :shake: