4" Trail Tech HID's

dunefreak

I am considering running the Trail Tech SC4 Eclipse HID's on my sand car. The halogon "super white" lights just don't cut it for me. I really miss my HID's. These are small and Trail Tech makes an awesome light. I think they might work out great.

I can't find any other company that makes smaller HID's that will work and look right on my car.

Has anyone had any experience with these lights yet? They are pretty new so I figured I'd ask.

http://trailtech.net/single_hid_sc4.html

post-3-1207627998_thumb.jpg

I think Mark was talking about these lights for the Rhino. Their size is nice. Hopefully, you get some more responses. It would be interesting to hear what other people say. :freakin_nuts:

Those are cool lookin' HIDs there Dunefreak. :headbang1:

Sorry, I never seen em' or heard about em' before. :eatdrink021:

I think they would look awesome on your car. ( proportional ). :freakin_nuts:

Hope the reviews are good so you can Get Em' Mang :freakin_nuts:

R-

Edited by Randog

I was thinking the same thing, Randy.

My only concern is powering them up. HID's take less to run, but their initial surge when powering up is quite a power spike. My last HID's actually killed the ignition and shut the motor off on the Busa. :freakin_nuts: (the stock stator is pretty weak) Larry at SSC told me that Jumuji car did the same thing. I think the HID's we both used were a tad different though from these though. Most Trail Techs I have seen seem to power up slowly. The cheaper set of HID's I had before (Eagle Eye knock offs) would actually flicker really bright right away rather than start dim then grow bright. I am hoping these work fine with my car, otherwise I will do whatever it takes: even bigger battery, run a larger stator, whatever.

It looks like I am not the only one who was looking at these :freakin_nuts:

http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index....c=126299&hl

I read the posts on GD.com. Seems like their good. :freakin_nuts:

This guy has em for $195.99 ea.

http://www.alpinesandtoys.com/servlet/the-...2-dsh-DX/Detail

Saw a link to King Sand Cars on his site. Went there and they look like their Busa rails have the 4" HIDs.

Maybe they power up slow or they run a capacitor or something?

Bet King would have some answers.

I might even have to drop a ton of cash and get these. I have heard really good about these. They're like twice the price though. :freakin_nuts:

post-3-1207633410_thumb.jpg

https://www.bajadesigns.com/net/mainframe2....category=TRKBGY

These look cool too ^^^ :eatdrink021:

:headbang1: Ya know, my Laser lights are pretty lame. and they keep burning their wires. :(

Edited by Randog

What about the LED Lightbars or the alternator conversion for the busa?

I heard the LED lightbars draw less than a regular halogen but are damn near as bright as hid's? Maybe a good compromise?

Instead of spending major coin on a bigger stator could you not just run a big capacitor like they use for high powered car amps? Im sure that would take care of the inital load on.

Edited by britincali

I am considering running the Trail Tech SC4 Eclipse HID's on my sand car. The halogon "super white" lights just don't cut it for me. I really miss my HID's. These are small and Trail Tech makes an awesome light. I think they might work out great.

I can't find any other company that makes smaller HID's that will work and look right on my car.

Has anyone had any experience with these lights yet? They are pretty new so I figured I'd ask.

http://trailtech.net/single_hid_sc4.html

post-3-1207627998_thumb.jpg

I like the 4". I think they also have an internal balast. It will be interesting what people have to say. Also, how much differnce is the 40 vs. the 30?

What about the LED Lightbars or the alternator conversion for the busa?

I heard the LED lightbars draw less than a regular halogen but are damn near as bright as hid's? Maybe a good compromise?

Those are big bucks! :poop_hittin_the_fan: So is the alternator conversion. Pain in the a$$. :bawl:

Instead of spending major coin on a bigger stator could you not just run a big capacitor like they use for high powered car amps? Im sure that would take care of the inital load on.

cool. I will keep that in mind. thnaks :D That would be a good alternative should I need more juice.

I like the 4". I think they also have an internal balast. It will be interesting what people have to say. Also, how much differnce is the 40 vs. the 30?

yep, internal ballast. Thats what caught my eye with these. :bawl:

cool. I will keep that in mind. thnaks :D That would be a good alternative should I need more juice.

I have one sitting in my garage taking up space. It is a 1 farad cap. I used it in my Chevy to help run my 1200 watt US Amp. Let me know if you want to try it.