Red Bull Air Race World Series

dunefreak

I have seen the commercials. They had one a few months ago also I believe. The next one is the 1st weekend in may I believe. Im going to be in cali that weekend, thought about maybe going down to check it out.

Edited by Sincity_blondie

i think they been doin this for a while but only in the europe area...i guess it just caught up with the us

i saw a video of one guy crashin his in the water :swim: on worlds most crazy sports or something like that

video was dated a while back and the dude was doing exactly that.

my info might be a lil sketchy but if it interests u check it out...ill watch if u make it into one of those

wuts next...racing spaceships?? lol

looks tight tho

I'll be there, working the shoot. We start setting up on Thursday the 1st and I would not miss this event for nothing. If you've ever been up to the Reno Air Races, these are the extreme of air racing.....it's a different format, timed thru pylons, but the flying is unreal. For those of us who are pilots, its just unreal to see what the aircraft and pilot must go through in order to make the times. The event is broken into three days, although the WEB likely only shows Sat and Sun, but Friday they will be sitting up and you'll see some of the teams shooting speed runs, G-Banks, and it's also when they are taking up the VIPs, and Media types. One of the best seats is if you have a boat, you can launch at the public ramps, and get really great spots to view the races. If you get an oppertunity to go....it's worth it.

SP2 :dunno:

last time there was one in san diego alot of the guys over on GD.com mentioned that the tickets were astronomical to just go in and spectate 100+ bucks just to watch...

Ill save myself the trouble and watch it on the tube.. However that is the type of flying i have always wanted to do.... Just cant afford it.. another damn expensive hobby :P

$1K for the 5 star viewing Hotel and full blown catering of Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner, plus your invited to the Pilot Party afterwards. :no_no:

$150 if you want to have seating in the bleachers on the shoreline dead center of the course each day. :beer_bang:

$ 15 for general seating per day. :beer_bang: