North of Zzyzx articles in Sand Sports

dunefreak

I just got the new Sand Sports today. :ninja:

Anyways, does anyone else ever read the North of Zzyzx article in there every issue? The writer, Mike Dougherty, always does a great write up on short trips to Dumont. Basically he (and sometimes his wife) take a drive out there in just his car or truck and just chat with duners. It's kind of cool to hear his stories. I even laugh sometimes at his choice of words and how he describes things. :booty: He's a pretty nice guy. We once met him when we were out there for a day trip. He rolled up to us and say good morning and handed us "the morning newspaper" (a couple copies of Sand Sports mag). :slap: I thought that was pretty cool of him.

This last write up was about how he went out to Dumont and met Brian King from King Sand Cars. Check it out if you alrady haven't. :chug: :chug:

His write ups are always pretty cool.

I liked the Corvette one.

Also when his first encounter with a high dollar long travel he said the car had HID headlights...he thought it must have meant High Invested Dollars!!! :ninja: I thought it was funny but too true.

Wow....usually i'm the first to know about brians magazine appearances....he didn't tell me about this one!!!

you live right down the road from me . i keep seeing the primer red one out front is that thing 4x4 it looks 2wd??

as for sandsports it should be quad sports. they never get the hp right so i am turned off cancelled my subscription. they are still a shade better than sand addiction who also runs on the glamis hp chart. they dont keep there promises to there advertisers. bah i got wingface just thinkin about it :ninja:

you live right down the road from me . i keep seeing the primer red one out front is that thing 4x4 it looks 2wd??

as for sandsports it should be quad sports . they never get the hp right so i am turned off cancelled my subscription. they are still a shade better than sand addiction who also runs on the glamis hp chart. they dont keep there promises to there advertisers. bah i got wingface just thinkin about it :ninja:

Boy do I agree with that. I get a little sick of it, But I always like reading the North of Zzyzx articles, it is one of the first things I read.

as for sandsports it should be quad sports. they never get the hp right so i am turned off cancelled my subscription. they are still a shade better than sand addiction who also runs on the glamis hp chart. they dont keep there promises to there advertisers. bah i got wingface just thinkin about it :beercheers:

Well that's not the case this month. :laughoff:

Other than just quad stuff, this month there are write ups on...

-the diesel duner Powerstroke Jeep

-"Shop Tour: Poor Boys Sand Cars"

-LS Crate motor engine buyer's guide

-a Tom Pro sandcar write up

-the Big 5 Funco write up

-Deleuxe Dual Sport" Colorado Sand Cars desert edition truck

-a Joe Fab driving school write up

-Sand Drag Scene write up about Jeeps and dragsters

-and lots of stuff on other dune spots

I thought this month's issue was pretty badass. :beer_bang: I have never had any problems with any sand magazine. I love em all. :drinkbeer:

as for sandsports it should be quad sports. they never get the hp right so i am turned off cancelled my subscription. they are still a shade better than sand addiction who also runs on the glamis hp chart. they dont keep there promises to there advertisers. bah i got wingface just thinkin about it :beercheers:

Where abouts are you in apple valley?

I actually did all my growin' up in apple valley...just moved out here recently.