WARNING...new ploy from ANTI ACCESS GROUPS

Richard Cheese

it seems that the sierra clubs, CBD (center for biological perversity) and other land-grabbing groups of their ilk have a new tactic to use against the off-road community.

In a recent meeting between all invested groups pertaining to the ongoing, never-ending battle of Oceano Dunes, the opposition walked in with STACKS of paper.

This documents, copied, pasted and printed directly from the forums @ oceanodunes.org were thrown in the face of the oceanodunes.org board members (the good guys, pushing to keep the dunes open).

what were they???

people's first-hand accounts of bad situations while visiting the dunes

PARAPHRASING HERE

"and those damn duners riding all night long, i couldnt sleep"

"..........fallout from the use of illegal fireworks burned holes in my tent............."

".........i'll never go back!! iver never seen so many drunks driving up and down the beach......burning out......spinning donuts......"

and others addressing issues such as overcrowding, trash, littering, non-observation of rules...etc etc

the groups used these to prove, at least in their mind, that our sport is dangerous and out of control.

fact is....anyone could have posted those posts...their website had no checks and balances...ANYONE who was unregistered could view all of the forums. not only that, but there was only one moderator for that website, and as busy as he was in his personal life, he couldnt be on the forums every day. It wouldnt surprise me that some, if not all, of these types of posts were done by people associated with the land-grabbing groups.

basically what this did was force oceanodunes.org to close their forums down. :laughing:

Why is that?

they need to "retool" the website. when?? :laughing: its been down since the 4th of july weekend. they are trying to figure out a way as to not get : :laughing: infiltrated again.

however, every aspect brought up (pay site, protected forums etc) still leave the possibility of ANYONE signing up and becoming a member....malicious intent or not....

one very good point brought up by a FOOD board member is that if one were to go to our adversaries websites...CBD...Sierra Club.....whatever...they have no forums.... they send out email newsletters....but not to just anyone..... really :flipoff: how they operate that

now i cannot communicate with ANYONE from oceanodunes.org if i need to....what a crock o chit